Sunday, July 19, 2015

The Good, The Bad And The Ugly - Jane Iredale, Dr. Brandt, Dermstore





The GOOD


Jane Iredale Magic Mitt - 1pc

-A convenient & time-saving way to remove makeup & protect skin-Helps rapidly & comprehensively eliminate makeup without using cleanser-Promotes healthy skin without disturbing skin s natural acid balance-Allows skin to protect itself from damaging pollutants & bacteria. 
A knitted micro-fiber cleansing cloth that quickly and completely removes makeup using water only. Promotes the health of the skin because it does not affect the acid mantle. When this beneficial barrier is intact, it aids the skin in protecting itself from harmful and invasive bacteria. Made from a new generation of specially knitted micro-fibers many times thinner than a human hair and which are able to penetrate oil films. This hydro-mechanical process breaks the surface tension of the oils that bond makeup to the skin while the fibers gently exfoliate. The combination of warm water and micro-fibers turn the makeup into an emulsion that is easily swept away by the mitt. It will even remove mascara.
So help me, it really DOES even remove makeup- including mascara!- with absolutely no cleanser at all! i don't care HOW tired you are, with this thing there's no excuse. It only takes a few seconds to get your face as clean as an angel's wings. Bonus; it mildly exfoliates so you have smoother skin as well. You save both time and money by eliminating a slew of products - makeup remover, cleanser AND toner!- and it's all boiled down into one simple step. You can use it for months as long as you wash it out and keep it clean. A Must Have in my arsenal. 


The BAD


Ah, Dermstore.... I love you guys, but the Lip Quench Lip Treatment irks me to no end. It has a cult following so not everyone feels the way I do about it but personally I find it to be gunky and sticky. It doesn't stick to the wet portions of your lips so you can feel where it isn't applied; what I call "the waxy tectonic lip plate". It does make my lips soft, but it irritates me too much to make it my first choice. I have somehow managed to accumulate a few tubes and I'll use them because I have them, but I'd never go out and buy it, especially at $12 a tube.


THE UGLY



Dr Brandt BB Cream With Flexitone

"The first BB cream to incorporate tone-blending technology to provide flawless, skin perfecting coverage with just one shade. Formulated with Dr. Brandt's signature flexitone technology that blends seamlessly with most skins." 

Apparently I am not "most skins". I can't be the palest person on Earth, so I don't know how "most" people could use this, unless Oompa Loompas have taken over. It doesn't matter how thin a layer I apply, it turns orange on my skin and leaves a HORRIBLE dark demarcation line on my jaw no matter how much I blend. I have used dozens of different BB Creams and this one that claims to be self adjusting is the least adjusting one I've ever used. I was downright shocked since Dr Brandt has never done me wrong before. I'll stick to his normal skincare line but give this one a wide berth. It looks like I've applied an instant tan lotion to my skin. I hate to waste products so I mix it with other BBs to tone it down and only use it around the house. It also makes your skin look super greezy. 

No comments: