Thursday, April 9, 2015

ABX Air Bar Exercises - integrated full body workout


I really liked the mind/body connection presented in the DVD, I know a lot of people complained about that, which makes me think that they must not be familiar with the whole person exercise concept that's prevalent in such practices as yoga. I find it to be a welcome addition to my workout, inspiring me and connecting me with my whole self. I also really liked the combination of styles and practices, it keeps it from becoming boring. The moves are simple enough to follow and you wind up working every part of your body. Many exercise DVD's require you to have expensive equipment, but to do these, you simply need a basic dowel rod, roughly $2.00 at the hardware store. It keeps you steady and balanced and enhances the workout. You don't need a lot of space, so it's great for those in apartments or with limited exercise area. If you can fit a yoga mat, you've got enough room. The instructions are clear and easy to follow, and the purpose of each thing presented is carefully explained.

I have a few complaints. I would like to see a menu with chapter options so I can go to certain sections of the workout and not have to fast forward through the whole thing if I want to reach one spot. I also found the music during some of the exercises (those more inner space centered) to be distracting from reaching a peaceful internal state.

No comments: