Wednesday, November 21, 2012

2012 Conscious Box The Simple Joys Of July













I know, yeah, yeah, yeah- Conscious Box blah blah blah..... Well, dangit! I lurve them! The most awesome way to navigate the murky eco waters! Every month I get that WOW factor at least once, and for over a year now, they have been consistently raising the bar. I love that I get a little of everything- health, home, beauty, nibbles.....Oh, and FYI- I'm not vegan, I just point out when items are because that is a selling factor for many items. I eat meat. Lots and lots of meat.





The All Natural Face Vegan Eyeshadow Olivine Gold - I LOVE their shadows- excellent pigment, very finely milled, beautiful colors and very economical! Oddly, in this picture you can't tell that this is actually quite green- the gold is what really shows up here. Without a flash, the color morphs and shimmers back and forth between a deep shimmery olive and a rosy gold. I SOOOOO want to check out some of their crazy bright shadows, minerals rock the high pigment colors.



■Aura Cacia Aromatherapy Deck - WHOA!!!!! This thing is AWESOME. Already got a few more for Xmas gifts. The perfect introduction to essential oils and their uses- so simple and easy to follow that even a novice won't be intimidated. I'm constantly singing the praises of essential oils but so many of my friends are intimidated, don't know where to start, or just plain think that EO use is strictly a hippie pastime. Accessible, intuitive and inspirational. The perfect gift with a small starter set of basic oils.



■Aura Cacia Brightening Pure Essential Oil - This is a .5 fl oz bottle of "Sweet Orange" scented 100% pure essential oil.  Aura Cacia tends to be my 'go-to' brand of EOs, and this one is a clear reminder why. A pure bright clean sweet smell that has a gazillion uses. Excellent for freshening up a stale room (especially cigarette smoke) and a wonderful addition for cleaning ( what do you think is in all those Orange Clean bottles?). A great natural bug repellent that doesn't smell like ass and anti-depressant aromatherapeutic properties. And that's just to name a few!


■Just Great Stuff Organic Superberry Acai - Vegan and gluten freee, it contains a FULL serving of fruit in one bar! Chock full of antioxidants and dietary fiber, they not only give you fuel but are great for your health as well.


■Naturally It's Clean Floors - Made with plant based enzymes that clean your floor without leaving a nasty film or residue, and it doesn't need to be rinsed! Works on all floor types, including hardwoods. I first got excited about this because my old man dog was an obsessive floor licker. Good to know that I wasn't poisoning him (or the ground water, for that matter.)


■Jadience Herbal Formulas Muscle and Joint Therapeutic Cream - This herbal blend contains a lot of extracts that I'd never heard of before- always cool to learn something new. My arthritis in particularly bad in my hands by the end of the week and it is so refreshing to be able to rub something into my hands and then be able to actually bend my fingers again! Whoo hoo!



■Madhava Natural Sweeteners - With the hideous things done to create refined white sugar, I'm so happy that there are organic and less processed alternatives. I don't see HOW people can use chemical sweeteners- BARF! These give you a lovely sweetness without all of the nasties.


■GoGo squeeZ - I LOVE this stuff. I always keep a few packs in the fridge at work for a mid-afternoon snack and they're so easy to throw into your lunch bag. Last time I went camping I took these so that we could consume something besides meat products without having to worry about bringing easily bruised fruit. Plus, it's fun to squeeze a big glob of applesauce into your mouth :-)


■Tea Forte Teas - Cherry Marzipan, Cucumber Mint, and Honey Yuzu. According to Oprah, "If you're a tea lover, this is about as good as it gets. Whole leaves picked from the tea gardens of China are hand-packed in silken pyramid-shaped infusers that give buds lots of room to bloom into a spectacular cup of tea." — Oprah

Read more: http://www.oprah.com/gift/Tea-Infusers?cat_id=129#ixzz2CscfWOQX 

What I love are the exotic flavors and the Skin Smart line which focuses each cup of tea on a different aspect of antioxidant boost. 
.

■St. Claire's Organics Mints - Organic. Vegan. Minty. Yummy. No dog breath. No artificial crap. Nuff said, yo.


■Sun Warrior Warrior Blend Raw Protein - Haven't tried this one yet- I want to add it to a smoothie and haven't been to the farmer's market in a while to get bulk fruit.


■Mighty Leaf Iced Tea - Love me some Mighty Leaf- just had a cuppa a few hours ago! This made some awesome sun tea. Their flavors are fantabulous, no stale or dusty flavor here!


■Powbab Baobab Superfruit Chews - Technically these are awesome- so much antioxidants, vitamins and super goodness! The bad part? One sample chew came in the same size bag that is normally the bag for a 30 piece full size. VERY eco-UNfriendly. Other than that though, I still bought some, these are a real nutritional powerhouse.

No comments: