Tuesday, August 2, 2011

WAKE UP!!!!!

Sometimes you stay up later than you mean to and it's hard to get your rear in gear the next day. last night we lost track of time as me and my neighbor Charlie kept my husband company while he tried to install some doohickie into his truck. (The Husband is constantly experimenting with homemade gadgets and I think he has a serious addiction to Instructables.com!) So today I gave myself a pampering boost to bring me to life!

I started out with a quick shower to clear the cobwebs and luxuriated in La Roche-Posay, a favorite brand of mine.

la Roche-Posay Lipikar Syndet Cleansing Body Cream Gel is an absolute dream cleaner, as it doesn't contain actual soap that dries out your skin. Perfect for those with dermititis or plain old hyper sensitive skin. It gets you clean without any scent and rinses easily and completely (perfect for those 5 minute, overslept, gotta go NOW showers!) Super concentrated so it goes a long way. I wish I'd known about this when I had a roommate who couldn't use soap because of her allergies- this would have been perfect for her. 
Available at Dermstore
Also available at Dermstore is Lipikar Lipid Replacing Body Balm. Also paraben and scent free, this deeply nourishing lotion works on even the most sensitive or irritated skin. My skin tends to get dry during the summer (weird huh? I'm backwards!) and this completely soothes any itchiness immediately. My skin stays soft all day, I don't feel the need to reapply lotion other than on my hands after washing. As soothing as a drink of cool water on a hot day. 

I talked about the Ahava Dermud body lotion yesterday, but today I'll tell you about Ahava Dermud Enriched Intensive Foot Cream. Another summer problem- nobody wants to look at funky feet! So before I slipped into my sandals I slathered this on my tootsies for instant results. It absorbs insanely fast for such a rich foot cream, I was able to put my shoes on immediately without slipping and sliding in them. I LOVE the earthy, rich scent and as soon as you put it on, any dry or scaly patches are magically transformed. This will keep your feet gorgeous all day and into the night. Also available at Dermstore, or directly from Ahava with  Free Shipping on all orders over $75!
Another Dermstore fave is Nuxe Tonific Intensive Firming Cream which I slather all over "the girls" when I get out of the shower (that would be my boobies, for those who don't get the reference). This cream is meant to tone and tighten the skin so I still use my iQ Derma Gel on my thighs (reviewed previously Here) where skin tone isn't the problem, cellulite is. This stuff makes your skin more taut and since I'm on the larger chested side, I'm a firm believer in an ounce of prevention! (FIRM believer- hahaha! I crack myself up!) 


After all my lotioning up, Benefit Garden Of Good & Eva eau de toilette spray gave me that last blast of morning sunshine. It's starts off a really bright zingy citrus floral, then fades into a more Oriental woodsy sandalwood flavored scent as the day goes on. It's almost like the scent changes into three completely different perfumes! It's a very clean, green scent. Easily my favorite of all of the Benefit perfumes.
Get a FREE realness of concealness kit at BenefitCosmetics.com with any $85 order! Add product to shopping bag and enter REALKITT at checkout.While supplies last.

All I needed after that was a swipe of a nice neutral lip color, since I didn't have time to put on any other makeup. Lancome Color Design lipstick in Visionary (sheen) works well on cool skin tones with it's mauve-y brown-y combo. You wouldn't think would work on a pale freckled redhead, but it really does! It's got just a hint of a shimmer to it but not at all overly dramatic. It almost looks like a nude. We'll call it nude amplified. As with any Lancome lipsticks, it glides on like a smooth creamy dream and lasts for hours. No feathering, no flaking, and it fills in the lips nice and plumplike. It's normally $22, but right now Brigitte's Boutique has some in the GWP packaging for $4.50!!!!!



When I got to work, I decided that a nice cuppa Lipsmackin Creations Warm Strawberry Comfort Instant Coffee would hit the spot with my breakfast peach. Not only does this indie darling have some of the best gourmet dry combos on the market, but you can make special requests AND they're approved by the Pennsylvania Dept Of Agriculture! You can get individual items, gift bundles, and even dog treat mix! These make perfect gifts for the gourmand in your life, and you'll know that you've given something totally one of a kind and supported indie business in the process. The coffee? Mmmmmmmmmmm........ Normally I hate instant coffee, but this stuff is the bomb! Sweet, creamy, dreamy. Check 'em out and tell 'em The beauty Pirate sent ya!

Now everyone knows that coffee can be hell on your teeth (and breath) so I always carry a few of these around with me in my purse for after eating or drinking when I know I won't be able to brush my teeth for a while. They're tiny and portable and work like a mini toothbrush. Also perfect for smokers to lessen nicotine staining on teeth and sweeten the breath. I think the little ampules are fun, as well :) They're available in numerous flavors but today I used the Green Apple.
Go Smile Green Apple Touch Up Ampule
Get a Free Go Glam Kit when you purchase a Smile Whitening System, save $39!

No comments: