Thursday, August 11, 2011

Greetings!

I don't even remember the last time I gave someone a mass market card from the store. There's so many indie options out there that show more thought and individuality than your generic greeting card. Here's a few sites to check out. I like to stock up and then I always have a card around when I need one and don't have to make a special trip.


Just Millin' Around specializes in cards that are decorated with children's style art. Only the biggest grump could not be touched by these adorable refrigerator masterpieces! All of the cards have proverbs from different countries and cultures on them, and you can search their site by country of origin or topic. Interestingly enough, they also have their own theatre troupe that performs in English AND Lithuanian! These cards are absolutely delightful.


Auntie Di's De-lites has other things besides paper goods, but it's the paper items that I really adore. The elaborate cards are truly one of a kind and are as a good as a gift by themselves. So much thought goes into each design, it really shows. I've gotten cards from here before and the reaction to the card is generally more pronounced than the gift they're attached to! All of her designs are one of a kind- no computer generated generics here. Some of her works have been featured in Scrap and Stamp magazine and Just Cards magazine. 


I'm also truly nuts about the journals! LOVE!

Lavender Greetings specializes in custom cards and invitations. Whether you want a set of customized note cards or invitations, they've got you covered. Their prices are great and if you don't want to use one of their templates, they'll even do one of a kind requests!


Anyone who has been exposed to the world of sampler boxes has probably heard of A Penny For Your Thoughts. I've featured them in a ton of my reviews and my guess would be that almost everyone I know has received one of their cards from me! I love that so many of their cards come with themed confetti inside that can also be used as scrapbooking decorations. (IE, a Christmas card will be full of ornate little paper snowflakes.)  I also love the elaborate layers of papers. 


If you're looking for something a bit different, Marge Cards makes cards featuring her digital photography. I just used one of her cards in a birthday present for my mother-in-law...

And in the get'em while you can, stacking 'em deep sellin 'em cheap category, Pure Expressions is closing their store to pursue other business ventures, so right now all of their delightful handmade cards are priced to go.....A good chance to stock up and have some one of a kind cards on hand. 
 

No comments: